Swim meet vs soccer game
* 75 degrees and sunny – nice breeze
* Haven’t opened book I brought during breaks in game – busy shooting the shit
* Got an email with game times. Games last 45 minutes. No chance of missing the game.
* Special area in park for open alcoholic beverages!
* Two options for seating. Lay on a blanket in the grass or bring your own camp chair with footrest option
* Food options – Chipotle close by.
* Playing against better kids and losing.
* Four hours, three hours of play time.
* Bathrooms? Port A Potties
* 98 degrees – air as thick as a brick
* Haven’t opened book I brought during down time in meet (could have read three!) - busy shooting the shit
* Ten dollar heat sheet. Memorized time line. Blink and you miss it.
* Cocktails? You wish!
* Two options for seating. Metal bleachers or bring your own camp chair and if you are lucky you will find a tiny square unfold it most of the way.
* Food options – Chipotle close by. I research this.
* Swimming against faster swimmers. Excited about this.
* My kid is swimming one 30 second event in two hours. Comes back two hours later, sits around for two hours and swims for 30 seconds again. Glad it wasn’t 32 seconds.
* Bathrooms? Every seat is socking wet. Does pool water kill pee germs?
Soccer Tournament and Swim Meet
Overpriced tie-dye t-shirts AND EVERYONE yelling KICK! Who knew?
I spent the morning at the soccer tournament and the evening at finals. It was a day filled with kids laughing, parents cheering, children succeeding and parents rejoicing. There are lots of crazy parents out there. Lucky for me I didn’t spend the day with any of them. It was a day filled with lifelong memories.