1. More money. How can a sport that has little to no equipment cost so much? In addition to cash I’ll take hotel points, gas money and chipotle gift cards.
2. Three knee skins. Preferably the $400 ones. They all need one. I can’t type need in the right voice but you understand the need I’m talking about. And they ain’t lying. Everyone has one. Even 9 year olds that aren’t legal in freestyle. Sophie has decided she wants one and Grace and Sarah need new ones.
3: A crystal ball. I can’t ever turn my brain off. I constantly find myself concerned that I’m not doing the right thing. Or enough. Or too much. A crystal ball would sure help. That or a glass of wine.
4. An oil change. I’m a little past that number on the sticker. As a matter of fact we all know they lie and we can squeeze an extra 2k miles out of it. That being said – I need an oil change. Can we add two hours to the day tomorrow? That’s the only thing stopping me. The gas tank is also on empty. Always.
5. A nap. I could probably squeeze that in during the oil change. I won’t be too greedy. I need a shower too so I suspect no one would sit too close. The snoring shouldn’t be too annoying.
6. A proper meal. (Enough said).
7. Super glue. I seriously can’t deal with the heartbreak every time Sophie gets to a big meet, dives in and loses her goggles. I thought she was a rock star swimming her seed in 100 fly without goggles. I had to belly up to the bar at Starbucks to stop her waterworks. Double capping hurts her head. Watching her do this hurts my brain. She said she’ll do it if I buy her a knee skin. The two tone $400 model.
Did I mention money? Sponsorship? Jar of change?